Aluminium stair nosing is the protruding profile strips attached to the edge of steps to provide a non-slip surface. The aluminium stair nose is the stair portion where people often place their weight and feet. To avoid accidents and stair wear, it is critical to have durable and anti-slip nosings fitted. Stair nosings come in various styles, making it challenging to find the right one without doing some research. The following parameters are used to choose aluminum stair nosing:
- Whether the stair nosing is for a residential, commercial, or industrial application – always choose a brand that is appropriate for the type of building or work environment. An aluminium stair nose is designed for household use and will not suffice for a commercial or industrial stair.
- The Stair Nosing’s Exposure to the Environment – When exposed to extreme environmental or temperature circumstances, the stair nosing’s functions alter. Always double-check that the product complies with environmental regulations. A nosing chosen for indoor stairs may not last as long when used outside. Certain types of nosing materials are only used on exterior stairwells.
- The Aluminum Stair Nosing Material – stair nosing can be made from various materials, including rubber, PVC, brass, wood, bronze, and aluminum. The stair nosing is finished differently depending on the material. The nosing substance is determined by the stair setting, the surroundings, and the exposure.
- Cost of Aluminum Stair Nosing – the stair nosing option is priced per linear foot. The cost of nosing rises as the option ranges from the most common PVC to the opulent bronze. This criterion is solely based on the consumer’s preferences and budget.
- The Traffic Taken by the Aluminium Stair Edging – a thin and inexpensive stair nosing is used for low-traffic regions. For high-traffic areas, a more durable and thicker stair nosing is chosen.
- Shape of Aluminum Stair Nosing – the majority of the stair steps are in a right-angle configuration. Aside from that, it can be inclined, raked, or curved. As a result, the aluminum stair nosing you select must match the shape of the step. As a result, the proper fit of the nosing with the step is ensured. A good fit ensures a more secure and efficient installation.
- Aluminium Stair Nose Slip Resistance – specific anti-slip inserts can be added to the nosing to provide an anti-slip environment. Extreme situations, such as external steps and extremely wet locations, necessitate other recommendations.
An essential consideration in stair design is the choice of adequate aluminum stair nosing. Consider these suggestions for a staircase as a safety concern rather than just an aesthetic feature. Regardless of how many flights are present, the requirements for selecting nosing must be followed.
Aluminum stair nosing functions as an integral project component that provides stability and potential aesthetic enhancements. Alusite has extensive experience dealing with aluminum stair edging – both for industrial and residential projects – feel free to contact us for more information on all aluminum stair nosing-related matters.